Friday, February 26, 2016

The Girl:



The Girl is a short story about a girl who has very strict rules and guidelines to follow that her family has given her. How do I relate to this short story? I honestly do not really relate to this story because I grew up with not very strict parents at all. When I was eight years old my mother passed away and from then on my father and sister raised me as well as other family that moved to help with the death of my mother. My father never gave me strict rules to follow like the rules in the short story that were given to the girl. Maybe because he knew I would never break them or go against what he told me. The Girl comes from a different heritage as well so that may play a factor in why her parents are so strict and against certain actions that she does or could do as she grows older. How about the relationship between men and woman? In the short story there were still conflicts between men and woman because the girl could not do this.. and that.. While talking about conflicts between the relationship in each gender, gender laws appear as well as men getting paid more in the work place even though a woman can do that same job and might even do it better. Then talking about that, feminism takes part and becomes a strong topic for people to talk about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment